The easiest way to install WP Simple Pay Pro is to upload the plugin through your WordPress admin area. But we’ll cover how to manually install it via FTP upload as well.
Before you install, you may want to review the system requirements for WP Simple Pay Pro. You’ll also need to make sure you have SSL (HTTPS) enabled unless it is purely a test site.
First, you’ll need to download the WP Simple Pay Pro plugin zip file from your purchase email receipt or from your WP Simple Pay account.
If viewing your purchase email receipt, simply click the included download link.
If in your account area, just click the download link from the Downloads section.
Clicking the download link will initiate a download of the plugin zip file to your computer.
Once you have the plugin zip file saved to your computer, log in to the WordPress admin of the site you want to install WP Simple Pay Pro on (i.e. mysite.com/wp-admin).
Within the admin, go to Plugins → Add New. Then click Upload Plugin.
On the next screen, you should see a Choose File button. Click this and select the WP Simple Pay Pro zip file, then click Install Now.
At this point, WordPress should install the plugin for you. When it’s finished you should see an Activate Plugin button. Click this to continue.
When the plugin activation is complete, you should be taken to the page that lists all your plugins with a “Plugin activated” message at the top.
At this point, you’ll need to activate your WP Simple Pay Pro license key in order to receive plugin updates and support.
Upload via FTP
If you must install WP Simple Pay Pro plugin manually or simply prefer this method, here are the steps.
- Download the WP Simple Pay Pro plugin zip file from your purchase email receipt or from your WP Simple Pay account.
- Unzip the downloaded file on your computer. You should now see a wp-simple-pay-pro folder.
- Connect to your WordPress site using an FTP/SFTP program, such as FileZilla, Cyberduck or Transmit.
- Navigate to the wp-content/plugins folder on your site.
- Upload your local wp-simple-pay-pro folder to your site’s wp-content/plugins folder. If you are upgrading and the folder already exists, remove its contents before uploading the updated plugin files.
- In your WordPress admin, click on Plugins to view your site’s plugin listing.
- Find WP Simple Pay Pro and click the Activate link.
- When the plugin activation is complete, you’ll need to activate your WP Simple Pay Pro license key in order to receive plugin updates and support.
Go here for more details on how to how to install plugins via FTP upload.